Measure S Grant Program
GANG PREVENTION/INTERVENTION GRANT PROGRAM
Funded by Measure S
About the Grant Program
The City of Sanger has established a grant program which provides Measure S funding to address anti-gang and anti-drug strategies including prevention, intervention, and youth development.
Grant Funding Establishment Information
Grant funding is made available through Measure S as defined and outlined in Ordinance No. 1094 and Resolution No. 4361. You may request a copy of either document by calling the City Manager’s Office or City Clerk’s office at (559) 876-6300. You may also view Article IV of Chapter 66 - Police, Fire, Paramedic, 9-1-1 Emergency Response and Gang/Prevention Special Transaction and Use Tax for Public Safety.
Application and Grant Cycle
APPLICATION WINDOW for Fiscal Year 2021/2022:
- Applications available February 4, 2021.
- Applications due Friday, March 19, 2021, by 4 PM.
- Applications reviewed for funding consideration during March and April. (Two committee members are rotated each year on the application review committee).
- City Council approves allocations before the end of June 2021.
- Funding grant cycle is from July 1, 2021, through June 30, 2022.
How to Apply
There are three parts to the application process.
- Download and read the Grant Background and Instructions Document. (Link)
- Complete the online Grant Application. (Link)
- Submit all required documents by mail or email before the due date.
Mailing address for required documents:
City of Sanger Gang/Drug Prevention Intervention Grant Program, Sanger City Hall, 1700 7th Street, Sanger, CA 93657
Email address for required documents:
For the 2020/2021 fiscal year, the Sanger City Council on October 15, 2020, awarded the Measure S Grant Program to:
- SAM Academy $5,149.17 per month ($61,790 annual award).
- Boys & Girls Club - $4,152.75 per month ($49,833 annual award).