The Sanger Police Department Explorer Post Number 175 is a program designed for motivated young men and women who have an interest in the law enforcement field.
The Explorers are required to attend monthly meetings where they receive training in all avenues of law enforcement. The program provides an opportunity for youth to gain personal satisfaction, enhance their leadership/teamwork skills and make a difference in the community.
Duties of a Sanger Police Explorer
- Assist in community events, parades, farmers markets, and traffic control
- Assist in driving under the influence (DUI) checkpoints
- Attend monthly meetings
- Ride-alongs with officers
Opportunities as an Explorer
- Assist other Explorer Posts
- Enhance your leadership skills and abilities
- Field Trips